19 June 2007

Port Forwarding DSL-308ER

It's been a while since my last post. Now I got time to blog again. Yesterday, I went to KK to get my home a new modem. It was the second modem I bought for this year. The first one has broken and I have no idea what is the cause. But just before it, there has been a cable stealing near my place and whole neighborhood went blacked. I guest that’s why my router was dumped into the sea. Hehe.. Don't be serious, it's still under warranty. Now, I'm using my new Aztech DSL-308er and I really like its white color. I bought it for rm170 at Digital Wise but nothing to be happy if you are downloading torrent at less than 10kbps with your new modem! Don't worry, I will show you how to Port Forward DSL-308ER. This is how I did to speed up my Utorrent.


1. Firstly, open up your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1. You will then log in with Login:admin and Password:admin. Go to Configuration>>Security and you will see something just like screenshot below. Click the Advanced NAT Configuration under the Security Interface.

2. Enter down your internal IP address. Don't know what your Internal IP address is? You can find your Internal IP by going to Start>>Run on your pc and type cmd and open up the command prompt windows. Then type ipconfig and hit enter and you'll see your IP.



Select tcp for the type of transport. Enter your Internal and External port range and leave the global Ip as 0.0.0.0. Better ports are above 10000. Here, I am using port 40208.




3. You will add another reserved mapping for udp in the same way as above.




You should see something like below after those configurations.



4. Now you have to enable the NAT. Go to Configuration>>Wan Connections and edit the Wan Service. Don't forget to save the configuration you have made and restart your modem.





5. You already done with modem configuration. Now you have to set the listening port in Utorrent with the port you have chosen on your modem configuration. Go to Options>>Preferences>>Connection and enter the port then click apply. I'm using port 40208 as you can see below.
6. You can check whether your port has forwarded or not. In Utorrent, go to Options>>Speed Guide and click on the test button.


Turn off your firewall if you still experienced slow downloading speed. Support torrent! Drop me a comment if this is helpful to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

which 1 is internal ip address ?
IPv6 Address ? Subnet Mask ? or Default gateway ?

alienfart said...

No, the internel ip address is your Ip Address. I mean your local ip address.

Anonymous said...

if i wan port forward for my RO server.How to port forward?

My RO port is
6900,6121,5121

config what type?